I am sorry, I have nothing to write about this awesome get-together because that bad boy, Mat Salo, has yet to email me the pictures. Please call and berate him for me. Thank you very much.
(Updated at 11:00 a.m.)
Ah, my brother Kerp finally text me on the elusive bad boy’s photo buckets. Now I can write the story. I first told Sofian of Tea & Scones fame that I wanted to write about the gathering with two sentences followed by tonnes of pictures. The two sentences are:
i) They met.
ii) They had loads of fun.
To which he looked at me, forehead frowned in confusion, “that’s all?”
So, I thought best I write it in point forms before the best English writer in blogsphere thinks that I am insane. I observed the following anecdotes about the meeting:
- Mat Salo the organiser failed to obtain a permit. He is going to jail – that I have no doubt.
- Nuraina Samad looks too good for someone her age. Its a sin.
- Syed Ahmad Idid is the nicest judge on the face of the earth. Wish he presides in KL Court while I am still practising.
- Raden Galoh came straight from Hospital and the two doctors who came – Dr. TA and Dr. Haizal (WanShana’s husband) – have no objection to that.
- Mrs TA and her son Hafiz look like sister and brother. That’s just unfair.
- Wanshana lied about her age. She is in her late twenties, I knew it.
- My mak angkat, Maria Samad, left Abg Ruslani for few hours, who is not well, to come and meet us.
- Anu loves Mat Salo more than me. Ask her why.
- Shah Cakapaje is single and hot/cold. Please cancel the necessary.
- Mat Salo captured the image of Eleena smiling. Which is very rare.
- Chegu Nazir of Kata Tak Nak came all the way from Penang for the bash.
- Pi Bani came with KeretaPI.
- Kerp conveniently roped me in the organising committee. Wrong!
- It is always a pleasure to meet Pokku and Pak Idrus.
- Fauziah X Matters recognised me first before I have an inkling who she is. Malunya!
- And I, I met Mat Bangkai. In Anu Radha’s words, “I hate you! It’s obscene to have so much talent.” A statement of which I agree 100%.
- Too much coffee & teh tarik being consumed, too much cigarettes being smoked, too much food being eaten. But they are just special people – to me at least.