Updated on July 20 @ 10:37 a.m.
This is a message from Captain’s daughter, Aisyah:
“Dear All, On behalf of my family, thank you for your kind words and wishes. We’re not sure how to contact all his friends, so hope this will reach some, if not most. There will be a Tahlil tonight after Isyak prayers at Surau An Nai’mah next to our residence at Tiara Kelana Condo in SS 7 Kelana Jaya. It would mean a lot to us if you could attend. Thank you. Aisyah Yusof (Captain’s daughter)”
- “Every soul shall have taste of death; In the end to us shall ye be brought back.”
(Surah Al-‘Ankabut The Spider 29:57)
AS I AM TYPING this, I still wish to be jolted awaked from this cruel joke. I waited three hours: I am still very much in reality.
Syed Akbar Ali texted me this morning about Captain Yusof passing away, I confirmed it with Tony Yew and Nuraina Samad. Still no joke, it’s true.
Captain has left us to see his Maker. He died in his sleep last night. His body has been taken to Seremban.
I don’t know where in Seremban, I don’t know where my car keys are, I don’t know who to call, what to say. But what I do know: my Tuesdays will never be the same again.
I am going to leave this posting without moderation so, if you know more, kindly leave the info on the comment box.
Captain Yusoff’s mother passed away six days ago. That was the last time I spoke to him.
Husna, Jordan, Kak Ton, and the rest of MRT regulars, I hope you are reading this.
This blog will be silent for seven days as a mark of respect for Captain. Let us recite the penghulu of all surah in the Al Karim, Surah Yassin, for the late Captain Yusof Ahmad.
1) Little Brother Amir Hafizi: The Last Voyage
2) Rocky: Alfatihah for The Ancient Mariner
3) A Voice: Al Fatihah to Capt Yusof Ahmad
4) Syed Akbar Ali: Al Fatihah Capt Yusof Ahmad
5) Pasquale: Ancient Mariner may you rest in peace bro!
6) Haris Ibrahim: Ancient Mariner has passed on
7) Tok Mommy: Al-Fatiha The Ancient Mariner…
8.) Pak Ngah Bakaq: Al Fatihah kepada Ancient Mariner